Friday, May 29, 2015

Seattle: Hey Chicken! Hey! @ Ma'ono Fried Chicken and Whiskey

Drinking game alert: Drink when you see the word "Chicken."

When you think Seattle, you think chicken...Not! Well it's time to think chicken my Seattle Noshers. Read on to find out why.

 In my search for the ultimate brunch aka bottomless mimosas, my search pointed to this place called Ma'ono Fried Chicken and Whiskey. Whiskey?! as in my mimosa will be spiked with whiskey?! After I calmed down, I realized that though this place may have food, this is not heaven, and there will be no whiskey in my mimosa. Ok, enough about the mimosas, as they go best with food.

No this is not the chicken, but this is the mouthwateringly refreshing and decadent Tostada. It's a pile of iceberg lettuce, coconut chutney, black beans, a drizzling of sriracha sour cream, and an egg on it! Put this tostada over the top and add kalua pork. Kalua is the Hawaiian style of cooking in an underground oven. Mush all the components together, and it's like buttah!





And here it is ladies and gentlemen, the chicken that will make you forget about the relationship between the Pacific Northwest and sea creatures. Simply called Fried Chicken. This umami spiced chicken is twice fried and served with biscuits, sausage gravy, and maple syrup. The crispiness of this chicken is no joking matter. It's so crunchy, it's like a potato chip.
See that little bowl in there? That's not soup. That's the sausage gravy. Notice the chunks of sausage. Let's just say that it's in a soup bowl for a reason because I actually tried to eat it like soup. Don't be judgey...it was worth every heart stopping slurp. With every bite, I let out a contented sigh, while at the same time wanting more.

More, more, more, whoops, I have a sticky mess of maple syrup and gravy on my hands. I have some disdain towards dirty hands, so in order for me to continue to enjoy this piece of heaven, I had to take a hand wash break and unsticky my fingers...





I came back from my hand washing mission to this! My side of the table was cleaned and all that was left was this box! TGD put my chicken in the box. Was that a hint to stop eating? "I really only ate one piece, and waaaah!" An epic whine and pout fest ensued in the direction of TGD. "Why did you put a bottom to my bottomless mimosa, and most importantly, I was still making out with the chicken!" During my whining, I overheard a disappointed customer being told that they're out of chicken. Bing! Perspective! Ok, I'm kinda fine now...as long as TGD buys me ice cream. Ha! Make sure to reserve your chicken if you plan on going. Yes, you read that right...reserve your chicken!

 Blame TGD for only allowing me to gain 5lbs, and this place deserves a hefty 11lbs! 

                                   
TheBesty

No comments: